Saturday, June 16, 2012

Romanticizing The Rain



I got drenched in the first rains of the season today. I usually do that. Although I am someone who never really liked rain. Rain was the annoying thing that came in between the smell of wet sand and cool breeze. I was told by someone that EVERYONE likes rains. It was supposed to have that romantic feel to it. Well, I had never felt it. For me, it was just rain. 

Until today. Today I felt kind of liberated by the rain. I felt like sitting still in a place and just letting the rain fall on me. I wanted to experience it and I did it. The rain washed away the dirt marks on my bike but along with it, it also took away the negativity that had been building up inside me. It was like a release from all inhibitions. 

After a while, I wanted to drive around the city. I wanted to watch people enjoy themselves in the rain. Watching people act in a carefree way and being happy, made me happy. A friend pointed out in the afternoon how everything looks clean and serene after it rains. Rains had calmed me down. 

After I reached home, I sat near the window and saw the rain trickle down the window. I saw it in the street light. I saw it in the lights of passing vehicles. I saw it in the moon light. I was fascinated. I put my hand out of the window and just sat there as raindrops kept bouncing over the palm of my hand. 

I now understand why people find rain romantic. It is not the boyfriend/girlfriend or husband/wife romantic. It seemed more platonic. I am not sure how to explain it but I am sure about one thing, it felt nice.


I've had my share of dancing in the rain for this season but I am sure that my new found love for rains will continue to grow. If you are someone who doesn't like rain then I would recommend that for once, instead of just playing in it or running to find cover, stand in an open area and experience it. It might change you. 

:) 

P.S. : The only thing that disappointed me was that there was no one around me who was nearly as hot as Kareena Kapoor or Katrina Kaif or Raveena Tandon. :P


No comments:

Post a Comment

IndiBlogger - The Indian Blogger Community